January 18, 2012

Vintage Newbies

Even though it's winter, it's been feeling a lot like spring here in LA. That, mixed with the recent excitement over Coachella tickets (I got mine last June but this reminded me how excited I am) has brought me full force into a spring fling. Along with some looks you'll be seeing soon, I thought I would show you a few things I've added to my wardrobe recently that make me feel like it's just about summer. 






First new item is actually not new at all. These are my oldest pair of high waisted shorts. I bought them at the end of summer in 2009 at the Melrose Flea Market for $14. Now, as you can see, they're falling apart. I'm guessing this spring is the last time these shorts can make an appearance before they completely fall to bits. To go out with a bang, I added some lace. I'm not much of a sewer but I had to try it when I was inspired by these bad boys.



Now I haven't really talked much about my love of thrift, but this post shows it quite well. This blazer is my masterpiece. 
This little number is an Anne Klein blazer. You can't really tell from the picture but it's a lovely light mint green. Retail, this was probably around $100 or more. I found it at Out of the Closet. I played a few rounds of "Guess the Price-tag" with my family. Based on where it was from, my father guessed $25, my mother guessed $10 and my sister guessed $7.50. 
How much was this almost perfect (there's a little rip inside the wrist), designer blazer?
One dollar. I handed over exactly one dollar for this. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the little yellow tag that showed it was a dollar item. 

Well enough bragging. Go out and go to a Goodwill, Salvation Army or Out of the Closet. Not only do they have a few great finds for very little money but they also go to good causes. 

Enough for today (I didn't go to school and I was putting off my philosophy paper). 
xo
tnt